Soquel Creek Water District is seeking a Water Resources Planner - Limited Term (3-5 yrs) in our Special Projects department. This full-time, benefited limited-term employee will work on specific projects relative to the planning and implementation phases of the PUREWater Soquel program, a seawater intrusion/ groundwater replenishment initiative with various associated projects. The PUREWater Soquel program is an integral part of the District’s mission to provide a reliable and sustainable water supply to meet our community’s present and future needs, in an environmentally sensitive and economically responsible manner.
• Interprets ordinances, standards, permits, plans and policies relative to assigned projects.
• Writes and reviews environmental analysis and other reports for compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Monitors agreements and projects for compliance with scope, rules and requirements.
• Reviews and maintains project-related information including schedules, status reports, issues, risks and deliverables.
• Conducts studies, prepares and presents reports and recommendations to various groups, committees, governing bodies, etc.
• Prepares, coordinates and monitors planning and project activities for compliance with state and federal laws, and city codes, policies, and procedures.
• Participates in evaluation of proposals and bids; evaluates and makes recommendations for professional consulting services on assigned projects; participates in the negotiation, implementation, and administration of professional services agreements; recommends and prepares agreement terms and amendments to professional services contracts.
• Responds to requests; provides customer service, information, and recommendations within authority.
• Works with concerned citizens to facilitate discussion and encourage cooperative solutions to project issues; supports positive relationships between the District, customers and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior.
• Participates in the establishment and implementation of project goals and objectives; establishes and maintains adherence to project administration techniques, policies and procedures.
• Coordinates with and reviews materials prepared by grants staff, including accounting documentation; compiles research and data for completion of grant-related documents, reports.
• Perform related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in planning, environmental studies, law, engineering, construction management, geography or related field with at least two years of closely associated job experience. Available to work off-hours duties as required. Physical and environmental requirements as listed on the job description, with or without accommodation.
Additional Salary Information: BENEFITS
Medical insurance: 90% employer-paid for employee & eligible dependents. Dental/Vision/ Life/LTD insurance: 100% employer-paid for employee & eligible dependents Retirement: CalPERS Classic (2.5%@55) or PEPRA membership & voluntary deferred comp plan. Generous Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Leave, etc.
About Soquel Creek Water District
The Soquel Creek Water District is a nonprofit, local government agency that provides water resource management within its service area to deliver a safe and reliable supply of high-quality water to meet present and future needs in an environmentally sensitive and economically responsible way.